MecSoft Corporation is proud to announce Getting Started with VisualCAMc for Onshape. This 100-page guide offers users concise How To topics for quickly getting started using VisualCAMc for Onshape, MecSoft’s full-cloud production Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) application for Onshape users.
Here is a quick list of some of the topics you will find in this guide:
1. How to get the VisualCAMc app, the VisualCAMc user interface, features matrix, system preferences and more.
2. Selecting machining regions for toolpath operations.
3. How to create cutting tools and save a tool library.
4. How to select a post-processor for your CNC machine controller.
5. How to setup a part for machining including machine definition, stock definition and defining your machine zero (i.e., the Work Zero).
6. The basic steps to generate a toolpath in VisualCAMc including selecting a tool, defining feeds and speeds, clearance plane, cutting parameters, cut levels, entry/exit parameters and more.
7. How to simulate a toolpath, post g-code and download it to your local machine.
8. How to drag & drop tools from a library into a machining operation.
9. How to edit toolpaths associatively from Onshape.
10. How to use Onshape part design configurations with VisualCAMc toolpath.
11. How to simulate toolpaths and display in-process stock.
12. And More!
How to Download this Guide
Getting Started with VisualCAMc for Onshape is available as a FREE download to ALL VisualCAMc users! To download this guide:
1. Add the VisualCAMc App to your Onshape account.
2. Go to the Teams folder in Onshape and select the VisualCAMc Public team.
3. Select the Quick Start Guide folder and open the PDF document.
If you want to learn more about the cloud-based VisualCAMc, a production level CAM application for Onshape, check out the VisualCAMc Products page, Tech Blog and YouTube Channel. To start programming CNC toolpaths using VisualCAMc now, go to the Onshape App Store and add VisualCAMc to your Onshape account. Enjoy!