Parasolid lost upon upgrading to VM5

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
bludin

Post by bludin »

Hi

We bought the Parasolid import modules for VM4 at $500. Now we have upgraded to VM5 and have lost the Parasolid import in the process. I've been told inofficially that we would have to shed another $500 to get Parasolid import back for VM5. Is that true? And if so, why? Doesn't seem like a very customer-friendly way of handling this (to put it mildly)...

Beat
bludin

Post by bludin »

I don't think you will have to pay again! I also have the Parasolid drivers which I purchased several versions ago. I was told recently by Mecsoft I only had to pay once, but I did require special codes to enable them in VM5 and the codes were sent separately.

Send a message via the Register Visual Mill page on Mecsoft's website - realistically, you may not get the correct codes until sometime on Monday. They're always pretty quick to respond, but it is the holidays...

Cheers, Peter
bludin

Post by bludin »

Thanks Peter, that's good news. I'm glad to hear that the inofficial information (which came from a Mecsoft dealer, nevertheless) was probably wrong.

Beat
bludin

Post by bludin »

Just to confirm: I'm glad to report just received the new codes (for free) from Mecsoft and Parasolid is working again.

Beat