Visualmill 2014

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
wabecomilluser

Visualmill 2014

Post by wabecomilluser »

Hi, I have just upgraded to visualmill 2014. On opening it up for the first time and trying to acquent myself with all the changes.
I opened the layer box expecting to see all the layer options, but instead get a blank box with the Word 'Layer' stretched along the top with two lines running through them. It is so large and stretched the 'r' is missing.

Please advice how to correct this.
MecSoft Support

Re: Visualmill 2014

Post by MecSoft Support »

Could you tell us the operating system you are running & if it is 32 or 64 bit?
wabecomilluser

Post by wabecomilluser »

I am using XP on my PC. 32 Bit I am told.
I have spent more time looking at the new software the Layers box appears to be the only mayor problem I have found so far. The modify tab shows the different options displayed all very close to each other. Not like on Visual 6 or 2012 version.
Not sure why this is, but makes it less easy to read. I had no operating issues with Visualmill 6
I look forward to hearing from you.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

The layer manager display is a windowing issue specific to Windows XP. This does not seem to happen in other windows operations systems (Vista, 7, 8 & 8.1). We will be unable to fix this issue as Microsoft has ended support for XP. If you have another computer running a newer windows operating system (Vista, 7, 8 & 8.1), we would recommend you try running VisualMILL on it.

We do not seem to notice any display issue of the commands under the modify tab in VisualCAD ribbon bar. If you could upload a screen shot or email it to [email protected] we can take a look at it.