simulating engraving

All topics related to RhinoCAM
postalgbv

simulating engraving

Post by postalgbv »

I have the newest update to Rhinocam 2 basic. When using an engraving toolpath with a ballnose bit, the simulation seems to center the tool at the center of the ball radius, so a 2" diameter ball end bit would simulate 1" too deep. The toolpaths are correct. If you view the tool when simulating you can see the tool is riding on the 'tool center' and not the 'tool tip'.

I tried changing the machining setting but it didn't help. I normally keep it on Tool Tip anyways.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Could you try uninstalling RhinoCAM 2.0, download RhinoCAM 2.0.3.15 from http://www.mecsoft.com/DownloadRhinoCAM.shtml and install it.
Also make sure if you have any customized post processors to save them off BEFORE you uninstall the program.
postalgbv

Post by postalgbv »

before I do that, I just want to make clear that I am running 2.0.3.15 when I look at the About section of Rhinocam STD.

thanks
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

We had tool center programming changes made to the simulation in the new update (2.0.3.15) and this caused a error in the simulation for tool tip programming. Our development fixed the problem and updated the installer the same day the update was released.
A few users might have run into this issue. Uninstalling RhinoCAM 2.0, downloading and installing the RhinoCAM 2.0.3.15 installer should fix the problem.

The product version number would still be 2.0.3.15.