Engraving open curves not following curve direction?

All topics related to RhinoCAM
ryan

Engraving open curves not following curve direction?

Post by ryan »

I am updating a file today and I am running an engraving operation with some open curves, the curves I am having problems with are "V" shaped. I have exploded it into 2 lines, each curve's direction is from the intersection outwards.

RhinoCAM is ignoring the direction when I generate the paths.

I've never had this issue before, and am wondering why is it doing this.
Thanks.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Ryan, are you running the pre-release that we sent you or the released version? If you can send us the .3dm file you are having problems with we can let you know what is going on.
postalgbv

Post by postalgbv »

I just confirmed this on a quick test. if I move the end point of one of the line by a few thousandths so the endpoints are slightly different, it treats them as separate lines. If not, Rhinocam treats it as if the lines are joined.
ryan

Post by ryan »

It wasn't the prerelease because when I got the email asking if I was having the problem that Juliao was having I admitted that I didn't I was just trying to get it early.

Here is an example attached.

You might think, well they are connected, why would you want them to cut in opposite directions? It's because the cut is done on the edge of the material and it needs to cut from the inside of the material to outside so it doesn't pull it off the table.

Thanks.
Attachments
engraving issue.3dm
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 639 times
ryan

Post by ryan »

what time frame are we looking at for a fix for this?
did the fix you guys already have planned in the next SR fix this?

thanks,
ryan