Feed Rate Novice

All topics related to RhinoCAM
eshotton

Feed Rate Novice

Post by eshotton »

I am struggling to become competent at this Rhinocam, CNC stuff and need some help as I am struggling. I've worked out my Feed Rates using RPM, chip load & flutes - to get a number like 10m/min or 396 in/min for hardwood. But when I enter these in Rhino Feed & Speeds, even though I am working in metric, it translates this to cutting speeds of 390. Whats 390? Is it turning everything imperial? Or is the Speed in Feeds & Speeds something other than Feed Rate - which then calculates the feed rate later?

Beth
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

If you are working in Inches, you would have to set the Feedrate in inches/min and for Millimeters Feedrate is specified in mm/min.

It could be possible that the high value for Feedrate in your post processor could be set at 390 in/min. You can change this by editing the post processor. Select Utilities from Setup tab and click Post processor generator. Edit your post and select the Feedrate tab. Change the High Value and save the post.

Note: Your post can be set to output in Inches or MM and depending on the units set (this can be locate on the General tab), RhinoCAM automatically scales the values.