TOOLPATH

All topics related to RhinoCAM
juliao

TOOLPATH

Post by juliao »

hello to everyone..

Saw a little problem today and i wonder if you can help me.. why the same tool but with diferent corner radious at the same depth do diferent path´s?

if its true and its not my mistake the more radious we program it will be cutting more than it should

i send an example so that you can check it

thanks
Attachments
EXAMPLE.3dm
(471.04 KiB) Downloaded 780 times
Hirudin

Post by Hirudin »

Doesn't it make sense that the paths would be slightly different because the walls of that part are angled?

Think if you stuck a sharpened pencil in that same groove, you would be able to move it closer to the walls because the point of the pencil will not hit at the same point as, say, an unsharpened pencil.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (34.3 KiB) Viewed 6818 times
juliao

Post by juliao »

no..because the wall and tool have the same angle..the only diference is corner radious..
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

It looks like you have defined your flat diameter to be 2 mm. I have included a picture of the tools and you will see why the toolpaths are different. Note that the bottom radius of the the corner radius tool is actually smaller than that of the tool with no corner radius. That is why your toolpaths are different.
Attachments
tapermills.jpg
tapermills.jpg (13.06 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
juliao

Post by juliao »

Ok..now i see.. tap tools cant be programmed with tool radious cause rhino dont give the tool the top measure but the measure where radious begins