Tool library not loaded on startup Vista64

All topics related to RhinoCAM
Mitch Heynick

Tool library not loaded on startup Vista64

Post by Mitch Heynick »

Hi all,

On my Vista 64 install of RhinoCAM, the tool library does not load at startup of RhinoCAM 2. I see it flash briefly as if it's already loaded when the program opens - if I have the tool browser open - then it just disappears!!! --Mitch
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

OK, it works if the tool library is saved in the file. But I would like it to open with a new blank file... If I save a tool library in my blank Rhino template, should that do it? I will test... I am having a couple of other problems - perhaps Vista-related - I will post in another thread.

--Mitch
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

OK, trying to save the tool library in my startup rhino template file did not work... any other suggestions? Thx, --Mitch
nscott

Post by nscott »

Hi Mitch,
See my post below about RhinoCAM 2 frustrations. This isn't a Vista thing, I have the same problems in XP. There are a number of ways in which this version is actually a step backwards from the previous one.

Nick
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Mitch,

Tool library loading at start-up will be fixed on the next update of RhinoCAM 2.0

Here is simple a workaround.
Open Rhino and load a tool library from the cutting tools browser. Save this as Rhino file (*.3dm). Create a shortcut of this file on your desktop.
Launch Rhino by selecting this shortcut. Your tools would now be part of this file. You open additional files using File->Import.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

The issue of tool library not being loaded at startup has been fixed in RhinoCAM 2.0.1.12

For more information check the announcement at:

http://www.mecsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1691