Engraving with SP6 issues

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
DareBee

Post by DareBee »

This is down with SP6 installed!
In engraving. My cut levels are set to TO CONDITION > LEFT
I picked my region to be engraved and everything seemed fine but no matter what I did it would not allow me to enter a cut depth.
I tried to cut the path 0.005 deep. Upon hitting generate I get messge" could not find valid data internal algorithm error".
I had to keep tweaking my top level height down untill I got my desired depth.
As well it still will not transfer between cuts without going to the clearance plane even when set to skim.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi DareBee,

We tried with different cut depths (0.0, 0.5, 1.0 etc) on a part here and it is working for all cut depths.

It may be specific to your file. We need to look into your file. Please send the vmp file with the engraving operation to [email protected]

[Edited by MecSoft Support on 08-Jun-04 08:42]
tsomer

Post by tsomer »

Sounds like you're using a v-cutter. I've found that the depth of cut has to exceed that needed in order to permit the program to properly generate Z levels. At least this is true for letter cutting. Make sure the geometry of your v-cutter tool is correct, for example make sure the thickness of the cutter is consistent with the slope and length of its cutting edge. Then, set the depth to say 1 inch rather than the 1/8 or so you indicated. The program will use only what it needs of that 1 " depth allowance to fill out the letter.