Cursor jumping around in number field?

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
GreggT

Post by GreggT »

Anybody else frustrated by the cursor not staying in the location that it should when filling out a number field? I see this with the Part/Stock Comparison field and the speeds/feeds calculator. This really needs fixed.

Happily typing jiberish.

GreggT
DareBee

Post by DareBee »

Yea!
I dont know why myself or anyone else has never mentioned this before.
It is absolutely ridiculous. Sometimes takes a dozen tries to enter a number in a field.
I have also noticed that sometimes when I do make a change it wont save it (in the number fields) just reverts to what it was. I found that if you click the up-down arrows then it will register. This problem usually only rears its ugly head in the entry-exit ramp angle box.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi,
The problem will occur only in the following situations:
1) with edit boxes that react instantly to input. For instance in the Feeds/Speeds calculator as the user types in the Surface Speed the other values are instantly updated as the user is typing in values. This does not necessarily cause the problem. For the problem to show up the user needs to:
2) Start the number with a decimal point. (Apparently the edit box gets confused with the . not being a number)

To avoid this problem please start all decimal numbers with a 0. That is if you want to type in .1234 type in 0.1234. This is a workaround for now until development fixes it.

Download www.mecsoft.com/VisualMill5_0.zip and unzip contents into the VisualMill installation folder. This is a pre-release version of the next Service Pack (SP6). Let us know if this fixes your problems.

[Edited by MecSoft Support on 22-May-04 13:18]
DareBee

Post by DareBee »

Mecsoft

Will the new SP also fix the number not "Taking" issue as well?

I noticed again yesterday (havent installed your prerelease yet) that ih 2.5 profiling I entered .04 stock in the stock box at the top adn went and entered my stepover numbers, just happened to glance at the top when hitting generate and the stock had gone back to zero.
I tried and tried and couldnt get it to take a number input.
The only way it would work was by clicking the little arrows 40 times and then it would take the value.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi DareBee,

We could not duplicate this behaviour here. Please download the pre-release and try it and see if you can.