tool library

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
windsorm

tool library

Post by windsorm »

i've created a custom tool library and saved it , but i would like it to load each time that i start vm5 , so that I don't have to remember where I saved it last time and go through 5 levels of a directory structure to look for it . ---I've tried saving it in c:/program files / mecsoft / visual mill 5 / data / default english tools . , but it does not load at startup . ----where is the default library used at start up located ? Thanks Mike
GreggT

tool library

Post by GreggT »

May 3 Posted reply "Tools load at startup?!". See below per Mecsoft reply to Fastlars. Hope this helps.

Hi FastLars,

In VM 5.0 we have made automatic loading of tool libraries even more convenient. Just load the tool library manualy once when you are in VM5.0. The next time you launch VM 5.0 the same tool library file will be loaded automatically. VM "remembers" this and loads it automatically. You cannot use this scheme in conjunction with the .ini file however.

[Edited by GreggT on 17-May-04 08:08]
windsor

tool library

Post by windsor »

Hi : the tool library loads OK when I start from the VM 5 menu , but when I export a file from Rhino using Rhino Cam I still have to find and load the tool library . ---I usually start VM5 from rhino , so it would be nice if the tools loaded when using Rhino Cam . Thanks Mike