Newbie 2 questions

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
KentKeller

Newbie 2 questions

Post by KentKeller »

1. I have a 4th axis cut that takes somewhere around an hour or longer to simulate. I am working on the process after that one, is there a way to speed up the first simulation so I can see the second simulation without all the stock still around it?

2. I have brought in a Step file that is a tapered round. (Think Baseball bat) The Step file has lettering on it both around and down the axis. I believe 4th Axis Projection pocketing is what I want, but it seems like to select the text outline, I have to select each and every vector on the surface. If I use a crossing window I get the top surface, the bottom surface, and the vertical edges that connect the top and bottom. I am guessing I just want all the top surface or all the bottom surface vectors, but selecting them is a very time consuming process. Each one appears to have to vectors associated with it so the selection box comes up each time and i have to pick one.
So my question is what is the best way to deal with something like this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
MecSoft Support

Re: Newbie 2 questions

Post by MecSoft Support »

1. To speed up the simulation of the first operation, select operation and click Simulate to End.
2. You can use create surface boundary command found under the Curves tab in VisualCAD's ribbon bar to extract curve from the surface geometry. You can then select this curve around the text as machining region to program the toolpath.