Error messages

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
mbr72cnc

Error messages

Post by mbr72cnc »

I am having problems with VM/VA locking up, today I received an error message (Dynaset not supported by ODBC driver). Any thoughts?

Thank You,
Mike
Happy Cutting!
JVidal

Post by JVidal »

This has happened to me too, but only when I remove the dongle while VisualMILL is still open.

Maybe there's something wrong with your dongle or with the drivers. Maybe you should try to update them:

http://www.safenet-inc.com/support-down ... l-drivers/
Best regards
JVidal
mbr72cnc

Post by mbr72cnc »

Thank you very much I am sure this will help. I downloaded and installed, now for the test.

Thanks again,
Mike
Happy Cutting!
SWATH

Post by SWATH »

My guess is that that will not fix the problem, I did the same thing but it didn't work.
mbr72cnc

Post by mbr72cnc »

Swath are you having any problems now? What did you do to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Mike
Happy Cutting!
SWATH

Post by SWATH »

Here is a description of my problem:
http://www.mecsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2212

I have not fixed it, I just have to open the task manager every time I close the program and end all the related processes.
mbr72cnc

Post by mbr72cnc »

I haven't had any error messages for awhile. Everything has been running smoothly (but very slow). Now tho I have an issue with the tooling database not saving any of my tool information. (fed and speeds).

For the slow issue I expect it to be my computers processor. But for losing information I think this will be on the software side. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mike
Happy Cutting!
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

I'll explain to you what is going on here. Your tooling database and feeds and speeds are not getting updated because Rhino is not closing correctly. When Rhino closes, it writes back changes in settings to the registry, where they are stored. Something is preventing Rhino from doing this - I just don't know what, and if it's the cause or just a symptom.

In any case, here anyway, NO settings get written back to the registry - neither Rhino's nor RhinoCAM's, nor anything else you have running in Rhino. This includes mods to Rhino's user interface, most recently used file list, and a host of other things. In the case of RhinoCAM it will be all of the preferences, the postprocessor choice, the tool library used etc.

You will find these settings here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\4.0\**install date folder**\Plug-ins\299f02bc-3538-4343-aca5-d66aaaeb789b

Your *install date folder* will be a date something like 2010-09-09

Under this you will see folders for tool library settings, feeds and speeds, postprocessor, etc. If you are comfortable editing the registry, you can manually enter your default values... they are either the file paths to where the various reference files like the tool library are located, or various values to enter for the UI settings. I haven't found any place where the individual MOp settings are stored.

Anyway, so far, there is no way out of this, since Rhino with RhinoCAM loaded on this particular machine never writes to the registry, you can never save your settings. Well, I shouldn't say never - I have found that occasionally Rhino DOES close correctly, and the settings get written back. But I never know when it's going to happen - it's completely unpredictable.

Hope this helps explain the problem better.

--Mitch
mbr72cnc

Post by mbr72cnc »

Thanks Mitch, That does explain much for me. I will try your suggestion. Thanks again.

Mike
Happy Cutting!
mbr72cnc

another error message

Post by mbr72cnc »

:? Ok has anyone had this message while working with VisualCam - "VisualCam MFC Application has stopped working." Iget this message then closes out VM. Most the time I haven't save my work. Frustrating!

Mike
Happy Cutting!