VISTA or VisualArt??

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
mbr72cnc

VISTA or VisualArt??

Post by mbr72cnc »

I am having problems exporting my work from VisualArt to VisualCam. Once I start the green bar gets half way then my computer locks up. Just wondering if I should change to another computer and dump this one. And if I do will the licensing codes go with the new computer or do I need to acquire different codes?
Happy Cutting!
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

Well, I wouldn't be too hasty in changing the computer before I knew what was really going on, and whether or not it is a system or memory problem, a bug in the program or something else. I would send the file to [email protected] or post it here for testing.

As far as the license codes, they are stored in the dongle, thus they are portable - it should work no matter where you have the program installed, as long as the dongle is plugged in and the drivers are working correctly.

--Mitch
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

You can first reduce the resolution of the VisualART grid and try it again to see if you are running into the same issues. If not then it could be possibly due to memory issues.

And Mitch is right about the dongle. It should be transportable and you should be able to install VisualCAM & VisualART on any computer and move the dongle to that computer and be able to use your license.
mbr72cnc

Post by mbr72cnc »

Thanks for the quick response and the information. I thought maybe it might be a memory problem. I have attached the file see if it can be what I did.
Attachments
visual art practice.vcp
(118.36 KiB) Downloaded 905 times
Happy Cutting!
mbr72cnc

Post by mbr72cnc »

Ok I hope I am not becoming a nag. I forgot to mention that my computer would not work with Freemill either. Freemill would crash part way throught the process. I don't know if it is a memory or graphics thing. I know you can virtual memory (which I will try first) but if things don't go well I will get another computer. Thanks for the help.
Happy Cutting!
mbr72cnc

Post by mbr72cnc »

Me again, I tried on another computer, Vista Also. Did not work, but according to VisualMill I need a Pentium class processor. My computer had an AMD Sempron Processor LE1250 2.2GHz. Is this sufficient?

Thanks,
Mike
Happy Cutting!
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

If you are experiencing frequent crashes or lockups, it is quite likely that you have a video card/driver problem. Integrated graphics cards found on inexpensive machines generally won't work well with 3D programs.

If you feel you have a decent video card, you also might want to try updating your drivers and see if that helps. You also might want to post the specs on your video cards here.

Further: the processor you cited may work, but it's also important to know how much memory is in the machine, 32 or 64 bit OS, etc.

Visual Mill runs fine on 3 Vista computers here, but I have decent specs and a 64 bit OS.

--Mitch
mbr72cnc

Post by mbr72cnc »

Thanks Mitch, I have a NVIDIA GPU based graphics card. My computer is an Emachine, lower quality computer, OS is 32-bit. Like you said I may have to get a better card.

Thanks again,
Mike
Happy Cutting!