4th Axis Machining Tutorial?

All topics related to RhinoCAM
happytriger2000

4th Axis Machining Tutorial?

Post by happytriger2000 »

Hi,
Can anyone tell me where can I find a tutorial based on 4th axis Machining? or even better if you could provide a video tutorial onto youtube,

cheers
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

All tutorials are shipped with the product installer. Please check your Getting Started Guide and the Tutorials folder under the installation folder.

You can also find them here:
http://www.mecsoft.com/MillSelfTraining.shtml
Jett

Tutorials

Post by Jett »

Dear Mr. Happy Trigger,
I have owned this product for some time. I also have several other programs that create tool paths (ArtCam, Desk Proto, etc...). The tutorials that are available for this program at this time, seem to be created to sell online instruction. I only say this because the tuts that were available for one of my program got me up and running in about 2 hours. Currently there is no sound, so no explanations of why things are being done, The speed is fast so you must already be an expert to follow what is going on. I have heard from a MecSoft support employee that MecSoft is working on some new tutorials but until that happens the tutorials that are available now are not so useful in my opinion. Myself, I needed one on three sided milling as well. So far that does not exist that I can recognize. I'm sure I will eventually figure it out but it will be from using someone else's tutorials and comparing programs for now. If you find something that helps you, I would appreciate you letting me know. My money is already spent so I hate to not use it.
MecSoft Marketing

Post by MecSoft Marketing »

The tutorials that are available for this program at this time, seem to be created to sell online instruction.
This is laughable. You give our sales department too much credit! I wish our sales department would come up with nefarious - maybe not nefarious but at least legitimate strategies - to showcase our outstanding product and support.
While we continue to strive to create as much on-line tutorials and support collateral to help our customers, we know that this is a never ending task because we keep adding functionality faster than we can document them. In the tug of war for resources between adding functionality vs adding more support collateral we probably tend to prefer the former. You may fault us for that but please do not conjure up conspiracy theories.
Jett

Conspiracy?

Post by Jett »

Sounds like I hit a nerve Mr. Marketing person. Wasn't trying to do that. On every occasion so far when talking with your company I have had suggestions of further upgrades, online training, and classes. Unless I can get the program that I currently own to do what I need, I will not invest any more. I have watched every video that you have several times but they are hard to follow at the speed they run and with no audio explanations. I figured that since I can easily run 2 other programs that I own to produce my code, that I should be able to pick this one up fairly easily. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I never said the program is bad because there a bunch of people using it that seem to have no problems. What I was saying is that the tuts are not useful to me. I also want to use it because I have a lot invested in it. Videos work well for me more than manuals alone. Videos with sound work better. Videos with sound and at a slower learning pace are best, wouldn't you agree?

Once upon a time Microsoft was in such a rush to get out new software that they created Windows ME and Vista. Even though Microsoft is a great company I wouldn't consider those two OS as crowning achievements. Maybe you could take a bit of time out of creating new functions to help users get the full functionality out of what they already have, no? So please don't take it so personally, it was not an attack of any kind. So lets be professional and discuss it as such. I very much look forward to seeing your new and improved tutorials. If there was any attempt at anything is was motivational to get your techs to spend some time on tuts.

Have a nice day!