Creating Tool path for a STL file in Rhinocam

All topics related to RhinoCAM
happytriger2000

Creating Tool path for a STL file in Rhinocam

Post by happytriger2000 »

Hi,
I'm encountering some problem on creating toolpath for STL file, and I'm hoping anyone here could give me a hand. I managed to create pocket toolpath at the centre of the cover of depth = 0.7, and I would like to know how to create toolpath for the cutout + hole.
I attached the STL, and also the toolpath file created in Rhinocam 2.0 pro. Both files are zipped.

thx

Freddy
Attachments
Lower cover.rar
(142.68 KiB) Downloaded 735 times
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

First you would need to create/extract curves from the 3d model.
From the Curves menu under Rhino Toolbar select Curve from Objects and Duplicate Face Border.

Select the surface on Top face of the hole and cutout and press enter.
The curves are now created around the hole and cutout.

To program the hole - Select inside curve on the hole and generate 2 1/2 Axis Pocketing
To program the cut out - Select the outside curve around the cutout and generate 2 1/2 Axis Profiling
Attachments
Create_FaceBorder.jpg
Create_FaceBorder.jpg (422.77 KiB) Viewed 8646 times
lower cover_Rev1.zip
(178.19 KiB) Downloaded 743 times
happytriger2000

MecSoft Support wrote:First you would need to create/extract curves from the 3d model.
From the Curves menu under Rhino Toolbar select Curve from Objects and Duplicate Face Border.

Select the surface on Top face of the hole and cutout and press enter.
The curves are now created around the hole and cutout.

To program the hole - Select inside curve on the hole and generate 2 1/2 Axis Pocketing
To program the cut out - Select the outside curve around the cutout and generate 2 1/2 Axis Profiling
Thank you for you reply.

I managed to create all the toolpath after trying for about 1 hour (newby), and thanks very much for your support. I do have another question, when I finished creating the toolpath-s, I had it saved in my desktop then open it again I realised under Mop set1 where all the toolpath located the 'In-Process Stock' has a explosion logo tagged , how do I get rid of it?
happytriger2000

I forgot to attach the file in my previous message, so here is the file please ope attachment.
Attachments
tP掛牌-下蓋 Case only 3d solid - Rough & Finish (need to modify).3dm
(400.65 KiB) Downloaded 880 times
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

The red flag on In-Process Stock indicates the generated toolpath has not been simulated. Switch to stock tab and run the simulation and this should clear the flag.
happytriger2000

Thank you Mecsoft