MOps are not saved in latest RhinoCAM and latest Rhino

All topics related to RhinoCAM
Hirudin

MOps are not saved in latest RhinoCAM and latest Rhino

Post by Hirudin »

Around half the time I save a file in the latest Rhino and RhinoCAM the RhinoCAM portion of the file isn't saved.

Attached is a zip with two files that I saved less than 20 seconds apart. They should be identical but "SaveTest2" has the stock size saved as well.
Attachments
SaveTests.zip
(15.02 KiB) Downloaded 738 times
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Tried to duplicate your problem but cannot. We have not heard any such problem from other customers. However, there are cases that I can think off where this could happen:

1) Due to hardware latency, the save of CAM data might not take place if your dongle (hardware key) is not accessible for whatever reason in your hardware setup (network speed etc.). However if this happens you should at least get a message saying that cannot save CAM data

2) In rare cases when you are close to running out of dynamic memory the save process might terminate. However for a simple part such as this I doubt very much this is happening. You could also shut down Rhino/RhinoCAM completely and bring it back up and run the same sequence of operations to see if this happens.

If you still run into such issues please give us a call at our support lines and we can log in to your machine remotely to see why this is happening.