Tool Change? What do I need to know?

All topics related to RhinoCAM
ryan

Tool Change? What do I need to know?

Post by ryan »

My current machine has a router and a knife, I can process out 1 cnc file with it using an 1/8" bit and then knife cutting. But if I need to use a different tool, say 9/16" in the process, I have to output it to a different file.

Is there a way for me to add a pause in the program to allow the the operator to manually change the tool, then he will have to reset surface, and then have the program start back up?

Hope that doesn't sound to confusing.

And I'm not sure if this is a RhinoCAM post processor thing, or something I need to contact MultiCAM about.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Ryan,

RhinoCAM outputs the tool change information in the posted code for every tool change.

The tool change macro's are defined in the Tool Change Tab in the post processor.

If you need to add a pause between tool changes, edit the post processor using the post processor generator and add the necessary codes under Tool Change macro.
ryan

Post by ryan »

OK, thanks for the reply.

I always so scared to mess with the post processors.

One question that I know is going to come up is, I already have one type of tool change operation in there because my machine can route and knife cut in the same cnc file without user interaction.

Will these changes I make effect to allow a manual toolchange, effect the one I have currently?

Where can I go to learn this stuff? Are there any G-Code M-Code weeklong workshops anywhere or a really good book to learn?

Thanks.