setting tabs in rhinocam

All topics related to RhinoCAM
tomvaughan

setting tabs in rhinocam

Post by tomvaughan »

I am interested in using rhinocam. I have a flexicam 3 axis router and am interested in 2-3D mamining. We will mainly be machining wood although I am also interested in machining plastic ans non-ferrous metals. There are a couple of questions that I have:

1. Is there an operation to set tabs on small pieces to stop them moving or getting sucked up into the extractor?

2. Does rhinocam pro 2.0 recongnise when it has removed material so as not to cut twice in the same place and waste time?

3. It seems to me that Rhinocam and Visuall mill are more geared towards milling machines rather than routers. Is this so? and would you recommend Rhinocam for my machine?
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

1. Is there an operation to set tabs on small pieces to stop them moving or getting sucked up into the extractor?
yes, you can do this in 2-1/2 axis profiling in RhinoCAM 2.0 and VisualMILL 6.0
2. Does rhinocam pro 2.0 recongnise when it has removed material so as not to cut twice in the same place and waste time?
Yes, roughing methods such as Horizontal Re-Rouging and Plunge Re-Roughing look at the in-process stock model to determine where to cut, thereby avoiding wasted motions.
Finishing methods such as 2-1/2 Axis Remachining, Pencil Tracing and Valley Re-machining also cut only in areas where larger cutter did not have access to. These methods do not look at the in-process stock but base their calculations on previous cutter size.

Note: You will need the PRO configuration to avail of these methods

3. It seems to me that Rhinocam and Visuall mill are more geared towards milling machines rather than routers. Is this so? and would you recommend Rhinocam for my machine?
We started out focused on the metal milling market but lately we have added numerous features for routers as well. Features such as Tabs, Profile/Pocket Sorting, V-Carving, 2-1/2 Axis Re-machining to make our product quite a strong product in the router market as well. Lately we have also started work with larger router manufacturers and we will be enhancing our products based on some of their requirements such as multiple heads and aggregate heads and such.

Hope this helps.