rhino crash in hole pocketing

All topics related to RhinoCAM
juliao

rhino crash in hole pocketing

Post by juliao »

Hi everyone..

Today i was trying to machine a few holes and when i use hole pocketing function,i was inserting the cut values rhino always crashed..restarted computer but still the same..anyone else noticed that?

Thanks
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

No. Could you post the file so someone cantest?

Also, what are you computer specs? OS, processor, memory, video card... Have any problems with other programs?

--Mitch
juliao

Post by juliao »

Mitch Heynick wrote:No. Could you post the file so someone cantest?

Also, what are you computer specs? OS, processor, memory, video card... Have any problems with other programs?

--Mitch
Hi Mitch...thanks for your interest..as a mather opf fact i cant send you an example cause rhino crashes while í´m entering the cut values... i have a Core 2 duo E7200 2.53Ghz 2 GB ram memory a G-FORCE 7200 gs 256 mb graphics card running over Windows XP home edition service pack 3
and this computer is strictly used to work and runs incredibly fast all other programs.The only thing i use here and and want to remove is internet as soon as the old p.c. comes from old instalations.

Best regards

Antonio Julião
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

OK, could you perhaps post the Rhino file with geometry only (what you're trying to cut) and the things you want to fill in the cut parameters? Also give us other parameters you want (tool diameter, feed, clearance, etc. ) and I will try to run it here.

Are you using the latest version of RhinoCAM?

--Mitch
juliao

Post by juliao »

Nothing special..today i just draw a circle with 26 milimetres diameter to see if it happens and didn´t let me finish the program.
crashed again when i was introducing values.

Wrote it here and continued doing my work when it happened again but when i was using engraving function...I was programing a few letters (example x210 y-110 )to mark a hole place and i wasn´t even processing when Rhino crashed again..

This started since i install the last update for Rhino...Probably did something wrong and now i´m going to reeinstal it again to see if it solves the problem...

Thanks again
juliao

Post by juliao »

solved...had to install rhinoceros and rhinocam from the begining

thanks mitch

And one more thing...i used to complain about processing time and now thats ok too...sometimes a problem brings solutions to other problems we have and thought couldn´t be worked out..
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Mitch, thanks for taking care of this thread!
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

Didn't do much!! Just asked a couple of questions... Anyway, glad it worked out, and happy to try to help when I can. --Mitch