RhinoCAM 2.0 Beta is ready for immediate download

All topics related to RhinoCAM
Administrator
Site Admin

RhinoCAM 2.0 Beta is ready for immediate download

Post by Administrator »

Please download RhinoCAM 2.0 from the following link

www.mecsoft.com/rc2/rhinocam2.html

Let us know of any problems that you might encounter.

NOTES:

* You need Rhinoceros 4.0 SR3 installed on your machine before you can install RhinoCAM 2.0.
* You cannot run RhinoCAM 2.0 if you do not have a fully licensed hardware key for RhinoCAM 1.0

WARNINGS:

* You cannot run RhinoCAM 1.0 and RhinoCAM 2.0 simultaneously. Installing RhinoCAM 2.0 will invalidate RhinoCAM 1.0's registration with Rhino. This will prevent RhinoCAM 1.0 from running. However, you can re-register RhinoCAM 1.0 with Rhino by using the Rhino PluginManager command to install RhinoCAM 1.0.
* CAM Data saved with part files while running RhinoCAM 2.0 Beta cannot be loaded back in RhinoCAM 1.0
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

We were really happy to see bridges as that was something we really needed. However, there seems to be a problem using the bridges when profiling. Starting the cut on the left side and when using outside/inside feature it either puts only 1 bridge or it clumps them all right together.

Edit - This issue is only on a conventional cut. Climb & Mixed work fine.

Aaron
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Having another problem.

1- Open a file that was made in RhinoCam1
2- Select, for example, 10 circles to profile. In Rhino, it says that only those 10 objects are selected- but...
3- Click profile, fill in the depths, tools, etc and it ends up only profiling a curve that is hidden in a layer that is turned off. It seems to use a huge amount of memory and sometimes just crashes with a "rhino had an error do you want to send it to us" screen. It does this the first time- every time and then, if the program stays up, it seems to work fine after that.

I also noticed that the first attempt to profile something never works.

1- Open Rhino
2- draw a square & select it
3- click profile, set depths,tools, etc
4- click generate - and the screen goes away, no toolpaths drawn, no MOps created. You can "save" then generate just fine. Not a big deal as long as you remember but...

These are all very repeatable.

Aaron
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Have a new version of RhinoCAM 2.0 on our web-site. Please download from the same link. The version # is 2.0.0.26
MecSoft Support

Have a new version of RhinoCAM 2.0 on our web-site. Please download from the same link. The version # is 2.0.0.27

This one fixes a crash out of Rhino when you edit a region that has already been used in a Mop
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Everything seems good now except profiling bridges still do not work on conventional cuts. It looks like they are worst on conventional/ inside. They are grouped right together or missing completely.

I also get a "rhino had an error do you want to send it to us" crash occasionally & RhinoCam is not registered with Rhino the next time it starts. I'm trying to find out what I do to cause the crash.

Aaron
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

This one fixes a crash out of Rhino when you edit a region that has already been used in a Mop
I don't think it is quite fixed. I just narrowed my crashes down to moving an object with an associated MOp. Does not do it often but still does it. Seems to crash when one is highlighted & then click another one. I don't have a lot of time to play today but will experiment more tomorrow.

Aaron
MecSoft Support

We have a new version of RhinoCAM 2.0 on our web-site. Please download from the same link. The version # is 2.0.0.30

This one fixes a whole host of issues. It should be a lot more stable than 2.0.0.27. Please report any problems that you might encounter.
ryan

Post by ryan »

What is the best way to go about switching back and forth between 1.0 and 2.0?

I keep having to reset my post processor options, machining preferences, and colors.

I don't mind having to load and unload the different versions, but having to reset those each time I load the plugin again is kind of a hassle.
MecSoft Support

Ryan,
This sounds like a bug to me. RhinoCAM 1.0 and RhinoCAM 2.0 should not share settings. I will report this.
ryan

Post by ryan »

It's not that. The settings are separate 1.0 and 2.0.

It's when you install 2.0, and you reload 1.0 those settings are erased. And when you go back to 2.0 those settings are erased.

Even with 1.0, if you reinstalled or updated an existing install it would erase those settings.

Does that make sense?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

New version of RhinoCAM 2.0 (2.0.0.37) is available on our web-site. Please download from the same link.

We have fixed quite a few bugs in this one. Should be a lot more stable now. Please report any problems that you might encounter.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

New version of RhinoCAM 2.0 (2.0.0.40) is available on our web-site. Please download from the same link.

Non-English computers should display toolbar icons correctly now. Toolpath editor graphical selection is now working. Other bug fixes.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

New version of RhinoCAM 2.0 (2.0.0.41) is available on our web-site. Please download from the same link.

Changes on this build from 2.0.0.40:

Nudge command is correctly processed by RhinoCAM
Simulation quality is improved
New tutorials included