For Next Version

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
Erik F

For Next Version

Post by Erik F »

Re-Machining of area's where larger bits couldn't reach should be an encluded feature with the basic software...as it really goes hand and hand with the Engraving feature. So far I have really enjoyed the software...it has a few minor gliches that I am working around...but it has already paid for itself in the first job we did using it.

Erik F.
Happy VM5 User

For Next Version

Post by Happy VM5 User »

Eric,
If Mecsoft would not enclude this to basic version, I can suggest you to buy fullversion. I bought VM5 5-axis and was able to import files, that I could not import with other systems, so it paid for itself. Here in germany I don't know even a 2 1/2D system for this price ...

Robert
Erik F

For Next Version

Post by Erik F »

Right now the full version is too much for us (me) spend. Although the basic version is about to pay for itself...my small company is still in its very beginnings. Here in the US there are many CAD/CAM software programs that are being offered at $1000 or less. I just found that VM was the best of the ones I had time to work with the demos on.

Erik
MecSoft Support

For Next Version

Post by MecSoft Support »

Dear Eric & Robert,

We are doing a lot of work currently on the re-machining algorithms and hope to have a product that will be the envy of other CAM systems - including high end ones. This kind of work involves a lot of skilled (means highly paid) programmers. We cannot possibly pay them and also include it our Basic program. Some companies charge the entire price of the full VisualMill software for just the remachining functionality alone. So I am afraid you are not going to see this kind of functionality included in the Basic version anytime soon.