FADAL posts

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
DareBee

FADAL posts

Post by DareBee »

For some reason I can not get my '94 FADAL (88HS control running mode 2) to helix. We are fairly sure that it is a post problem using VM's post; but have not come up with the correct coding yet.
If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Also I finally got the post adjusted for proper function of the RIGID TAP feature if this is of any interest to anyone.
MecSoft Support

FADAL posts

Post by MecSoft Support »

Few things for the post to work for Helix.

1. In the Preferences->Machining Preferences, unselect the Output helix as linear segments.
2. In the Post Process->Post Processor Generator, for the Fadal post the Helix/Spiral section must be defined. Clicking on the default button will bring some default code, which can customized according to the Fadal requirements for the helix.
3. Helix will only be output for the Hole pocketing operation.
4. Currently the Helix engages in roughing etc will not be output as helix.
DareBee

FADAL posts

Post by DareBee »

Did that.
Did that.
Did that.
and didnt know that, but I was trying to make the function work in hole milling anyway.
In the post under helix entered the G2, G3 codes. and tried the defaults, is no good. It visually looks as though the helix defaults to 100% rapid cut speed and increases the ramp by 100 times.
Scary as hell man, I am all over the slide stop button.
More suggestions please.
MecSoft Support

FADAL posts

Post by MecSoft Support »

Please send us the VMP file with the toolpath, the fadal post that you modified and also a couple of sample programs for Helix from the Fadal manual that work on your machine and we will look into it.
DareBee

FADAL posts

Post by DareBee »

I can't find a sample helix program and I would assume that the other 2 items are not much use to you without it.
If I had been able to find a sample helix program I might be able to figure it myself.
Maybe I will see if Fadal can send me a sample program.