new user

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
dharhay

new user

Post by dharhay »

All of the posts seem to be very indepth issues. I recently got VM5 and I am confused on how to begin to use it. Where did some of you get your start on using it?

Dave Harhay
Machinery Engineering
Ezrout.com
bludin

new user

Post by bludin »

I've been using a combination of logic, intuition, trial&error, printed manual, online help and user forum. Mecsoft's phone support is also said to be very helpful, I've never used it myself, though. Where and how to start depends very much on what exactly you want to do and whether you want to create all, some, or none of the geometry within VM.

Beat
Brant

new user

Post by Brant »

I had the same issues when I started with VM. Read the manual several times, and follow the examples, then tackle some simple jobs on your own, progressing to more complex jobs slowly.

Tech support is fantastic, they never make you feel like a dolt, and they are very fast to respond. The users are a treasure-trove of information. Some of these guys are way too smart for me, but they always seem to find the time to help.

I belong to many user groups, and this one is one of my favorites. The brain-trust here is amazing and I have yet to see any of the ego battles that are so prevalent on other channels.

If you are having any specific problems, post them and the group will help.
Brant Emery
E-WAX