Online Help causes lock-up

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
Alan T

Post by Alan T »

I just upgraded to Version 5.0 (full version). So far I love it but every time I open the online help file the program locks up. I also get the missing Dongle error. I can kill the process thru task manager and restart and it seens to work fine till I use the help file again.

Also, I get the same problem when Mach2 is running. Visualmill just locks up.

Any Ideas,

Alan T.
Alan T

Post by Alan T »

Alan, Mach2 has a kernal level driver that owns the printer port. I'm pretty sure thats what is keeping the system from seeing the dongle. Are you sure its a good idea to have Mach2 up runnung your milling machine at the same time you are doing VM? Art recommends running Mach2 by itself.
Alan T

Post by Alan T »

Actually not running a machine. Just dry running the toolpaths to simulate actual use. I figured that Mach1/2 would cause the dongle problem but was not sure. Will the mach1 driver cause this even when mach1 is not running?
Whats really got me stumped is the online help causing lock-ups.

Is anyone else experiencing this particular problem.

Thanks for the response.

Alan T.
Alan T

Post by Alan T »

Hi Alan,

You might consider swapping your VM parallel port dongle for a USB dongle - maybe that will allow you to work with Mach2 as you've described. But discuss it with Mecsoft first. This may not help your on-line help problem however...

Cheers, Peter