Horizontal Roughing Problem

All discussion related to VisualCAM for SolidWorks
Bryce

Horizontal Roughing Problem

Post by Bryce »

The Horiztonal Roughing (folder F S2 52-360BL) worked when created. I changed a couple of settings, and it stopped working. I get the message Error creating toolpath! Please check settings and input parameters. I changed the settings back, and get the same error. This is not the first time this error has occurred for me.
Attachments
TableLeg_CurlyMaple.SLDPRT
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 1037 times
MecSoft Support

Re: Horizontal Roughing Problem

Post by MecSoft Support »

Horizontal Roughing operation considers part and stock geometry to determine the regions that can be safely machined. In your part file, stock geometry is not oriented and aligned to the part geometry. Recreate the Regions Stock by selecting sketch - CNC Stock from the feature manager before regenerate the roughing toolpath.
Attachments
Part_Stock_Alignment.JPG
Part_Stock_Alignment.JPG (105.83 KiB) Viewed 12630 times
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

This worked, but only for a while. My stock seems to be moving on its own. It happens after altering the parameters of the roughing operation a few times. I have not been able to count how many times or figure out specifically what causes it.

I was able to move the stock back in place, which fixed it again.

Any thoughts on why the stock might move?
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

This problem shows up when using rotated / transformed MCS & if you click the Stop button during computation of roughing toolpath on the progress bar. The stock geometry is not being reset back to the transformed MCS location. This causes the stock to move & regenerating the toolpath errors out as the part & stock are no longer aligned.
We have reported this to our development team & will be fixed in the next release.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Thank you.