Enhancement Request - Store VisualMill data in a separate

All discussion related to VisualCAM for SolidWorks
gumbyrulesyou

Enhancement Request - Store VisualMill data in a separate

Post by gumbyrulesyou »

I have a good idea. I think that it would be really swell to have the option to get Visual Mill to save the milling data separately from the Solidworks file, because WHEN solidworks crashes, it often takes VM data with it, which stinks. I know this would create file overhead, but it would be nice to have that data in a safer place. Another weird thing that happens is that the MOP window will go away when opening a new file. When I go to show it again, it ends up putting another file's MOP set in to the one I'm working on. Anyway, it all seems a little quirky. How's about a setup option of "Save VM data in *.VM4SW files" which might also be nice since I won't have to send machining data out to anybody that needs a copy of the .sldprt file, and I won't have to worry about solidworks vaporizing my Mopsets... because that's what it seems like it's doing. (2011x64, running 64 bit VM)
Andy Baker
Brooklyn, NY
gumbyrulesyou

Actually.. I know why you might not do this

Post by gumbyrulesyou »

However, Mecsoft might opts out of this because if I had the standard version, I could just rename my theoretical .VM4SW files to correspond with a new file and that would give me a virtual "knowledge-base" which I technically wouldn't have paid for, so instead I'm stuck with an occasionally flaky setup that moves MOPS from one file to another... so I guess I just answered my own question. Bottom line prevails.
Andy Baker
Brooklyn, NY