MCS isn't associative!

All discussion related to VisualCAM for SolidWorks
gumbyrulesyou

MCS isn't associative!

Post by gumbyrulesyou »

MCS isn't associative! This has kind of been bothering me, and while all of the Mops and their sketches seem to track just fine, the MCS just stays put if you move the part of the sketch it was linked to. I know this may be a real pain to fix, what about the option of allowing an MCS to be defined by the Solidworks "Coordinate System" entity under "Rererence Geometry" - That way the user could take advantage of the Solidworks Coordinate system's awesome interface while keeping everything properly associated and linked - In fact, in my opinion, the current MCS interface in VM4SW could just be eliminated in favor of linking it to a particular reference geometry coordinate system .
Attachments
MCS not associative in Visual Mill for Solidworks - Too bad about my brand new clamp!
MCS not associative in Visual Mill for Solidworks - Too bad about my brand new clamp!
Non-assoc-MCS.jpg (62.15 KiB) Viewed 5571 times
Andy Baker
Brooklyn, NY
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Flat area features don't seem to be associative either.

For example, if I select one, and then change a dimension in the part which moves the face I used as a flat area feature, it does not follow along.