Machining Regions not working

All topics related to AlibreCAM

Machining Regions not working

Postby 1397600070 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:40 am

I am running Geomagic Design 16,0,2,16496/32-bit and Visual Cam Standard for Geomagic 4.0.0.26.

This is the first time I have tried Machining Regions. I'm trying to profile a handhold in drawer front. I watched the video on Regions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNI_QIAqc4o&feature=youtu.be. Following along with the steps in the video up until 13:14 minutes. I selected Select Curves, but the green bar with the check box that confirms selection never appears. There is no highlights if I click on an edge. If I click on Select Curves again Geomagic and Visual CAM shut down completely.

Ken

added: Now I can't even select a Machining feature in the normal (non-Regions mode) mode.
Trying to select a Machining feature locks up both Geomagic and Visual Mill.
Deleting and reloading both Geomagic and Visual CAM made no difference.
Attachments
Handholds.ZIP
(32.14 KiB) Downloaded 637 times

Re: Machining Regions not working

Postby 1397600070 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Got helpful feedback from Support. The problem seems to be that I couldn't find the green "ghost" bar with the Select box that you check after you click in the Part edge in the Sketch. He sent back a revised Handholds part that had the Curve selected. After I downloaded and tried it, I noticed that the green ghost bar was in far lower-right corner of the screen. I moved the bar to the upper part of the screen, closed it, and opened my original part. There was the green ghost bar where I had placed it in his part. Now I think that it may have been in the lower-right corner of a big display all the time and that I was sitting too close to it. That "ghost" bar did not stand out, and I was just not looking down there. So far so good.

Ken

Return to AlibreCAM Topics & Support