RhinoCam getting super slow!

All topics related to RhinoCAM
MS1626102138

RhinoCam getting super slow!

Post by MS1626102138 »

Hey Folks, Whenever i open Rhinocam 2021 (In Rhino 7) Every tab, every window every option becomes super slow and the mouse pointer stutters. The rest of the tasks that i perform in my computer work nice and smooth, the slowing occurs only when using RhinoCam. Any idea of what could be happening? Thanks
MecSoft Support

Re: RhinoCam getting super slow!

Post by MecSoft Support »

Could be graphics card related. Please update your graphics card drivers and see if that helps.
MS1640987267

Re: RhinoCam getting super slow!

Post by MS1640987267 »

Commenting on this older post because I'm also experiencing slow issues relating to simulations. It's slow because file are big. I don't think it isbroken, but it is slow as in it is disrupting my work flow. Instead of running my CNC, I'm struggling to finish the programming!

What hardware actually affects performance of RhinoCAM? Is there a heirarchy of most important to least important?

GPU- Previously I was having issues viewing and manipulating both types of simulations. But I upgraded my GPU from a P2200 to a RTX 4070, and now I can spin Voxel simulations like a top. No freezing or lagging. Before it was really slow and laggy. However Polygon simulations seem to benefit much less from the GPU, so those are a little laggy still.

CPU--does RhinoCAM performance always scale with single core performance? I assume so.

Polygon simulations seem to utilize all cores pretty well, so a 2x performance increase of the CPU for multi thread should cut simulation time roughly in half?

Voxel appears to be single thread, so it should scale with single thread performance?

Memory--is it likely that memory speed limits performance? The gamers of the world are divided, and I know RhinoCAM is not a game. So I'm curious if DDR4 vs DDR5 will have any impact at all? I'm not overclocking; just asking!

Does a motherboard contribute anything? I assume no, but just being thorough.

I have extra RAM, and I have fast drives. And Windows 10 pro. Cooling is adequate. I'm not sure what else there is to speed up performance.