Can't get rid of initial tool load

All topics related to RhinoCAM
dgolber

Can't get rid of initial tool load

Post by dgolber »

I'm running RhinoCAM 2012, 3.0.0.48
Rhino 4.0 SR9.
The machine is a Techno HD-mini, using millimeters.
I have no tool changer.

I'm using the Technoisel-MM post processor.

I'm getting tired of editing out the initial tool load line, like "N0003 T13 M6"from the .nc file.
(And if I forget to do it, then the machine objects that it doesn't know how to do it, and I loose a bunch of time
redoing the post, etc.)

So I went into the "set Post-Processor Options", Edit, Tool Change tab, and edited out everything, so the "First Load Tool Macro "
is now blank. Then "save" ,etc.

But the .nc file continues to have the "N0003 T13 M6" line in it. What am I doing wrong?
dgolber

Re: Can't get rid of initial tool load

Post by dgolber »

Actually, it looks like it ignores _all_ changes that I make in "set Post-Processor Options"
dgolber

Re: Can't get rid of initial tool load

Post by dgolber »

OK. I figured this out. What was happening was that the system was refusing to save the altered post-processor file. Something about permissions on the files and folders. Even though the edit process gave no indication that the new file was not in fact saved. Probably more a Windows problem than a mecsoft problem. (But the one thing we know for sure is that no programmer will have his/her pay docked ...)

It's a little hard to reconstruct the exact sequence of what worked. I think what I did is the following: Copy the original foo-post file to foo-post-old, just to keep the old one around. Edit foo-post and Save it. This worked (I think) while Save As did not work. Something like that ... Sorry to be inexact, but at least you know what to look for ....

Dave Golber