WHICH VARIABLE IS THE CLEARANCE DEFINITION VALUE?

All topics related to RhinoCAM

WHICH VARIABLE IS THE CLEARANCE DEFINITION VALUE?

Post by 1408055623 »

Which variable is the clearance plane definition value? I've tried just about every clearance variable that the post editor offers and none of them are the value that I set.
dgolber

Re: WHICH VARIABLE IS THE CLEARANCE DEFINITION VALUE?

Post by dgolber »

Not exactly what you were asking, but close:

I wanted to modify the post processor so that the very first tool move was to the clearance Z. To avoid breaking tools. (I have just broken a tool. Luckily, nothing else.)

I put the mods in the "First tool change" part of the post-processor definitions. Before I started, it read:

[SEQ_PRECHAR][SEQNUM] T[TOOL_NUM] M6
[SEQ_PRECHAR][SEQNUM] [OUTPUT_MODE_CODE] [G_CODE] X[NEXT_NONMDL_X] Y[NEXT_NONMDL_Y] Z[NEXT_NONMDL_Z]

with my changes, it now reads

[SEQ_PRECHAR][SEQNUM] [OUTPUT_MODE_CODE] [G_CODE] Z[NEXT_NONMDL_Z]
[SEQ_PRECHAR][SEQNUM] [G_CODE] X[NEXT_NONMDL_X] Y[NEXT_NONMDL_Y] Z[NEXT_NONMDL_Z]

(As you see, I also took out the tool-load, since my machine doesn't have a tool changer.)

ALSO: there's something weird going on with the save/save as and the Windows permissions on the post-processor folder and files. What I had to do was the following:

After editing the post-processor, Save As into a folder of my own. Then Copy the saved .spm file into the folder where RhinoCam keeps its post processor files. (You will need Administrator permission.) This works, but at least in my case, I've gotten the folder, the post-processor editor, and goodness knows what else, into a state in which the post-processor editor doesn't show correctly what's in the post-processor file. That is, if I point the post-processor editor at the file in my own folder, it shows the edited version above. If I point the editor at the the copy in the Rhino folder, it shows something different. But the posting operation uses the edited version.

It would be nice if the MecSoft people would take a look at this. My guess is that the Post-Processor editor is using some soft of pointer to the file, rather than really opening it starting from the name of the file.
dgolber

Post by dgolber »

Oooops. I take back what I wrote above. NEXT_NONMDL_Z doesn't work. So the question still stands: How do we make the first move be to the Z-clearance level?
dgolber

Post by dgolber »

Making the first move to the Clearance Z .... see my latest under that thread.