Metric Conversion for Laguna IQ HHC

All topics related to RhinoCAM
dmac252

Metric Conversion for Laguna IQ HHC

Post by dmac252 »

I have a question regarding what may or may not be a real issue however it is a bit confusing to me. I have been doing my drawings in Rhino5 with tool paths being done with Rhinocam 2015. I just received my Laguna IQ HHC. I noticed that on the HHC the fle extension was .mmg so I called the support, they assured me that the unit could read either extension as long as I converted to metric. The tech was not specifically versed in Rhino and stated that just adding g21 to the top of the gcode file would convert as necessary. I am not confident enough n the conversation to just crank it up. so I though I would ask here for some insight and or direction I am itching to cut some wood. any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI I have no CNC experience but am fairly technical I am a hands on luthier adding technology to my guitar shop
MecSoft Support

Re: Metric Conversion for Laguna IQ HHC

Post by MecSoft Support »

By default the Laguna_HHC post supplied with RhinoCAM is set to output the g-code in Millimeter units.
To output G21 in the posted code at the start of the program, you would have to edit the post processor and add [OUTPUT_UNITS_CODE] macro to the very first line under start up code in the start/end section.
Steps:
select Post under Setup tab and then click Edit next to current post processor. Click OK if prompted by the Edit File dialog.
Select Start/End Section from the left panel and over on the right panel, under Start up code add [OUTPUT_UNITS_CODE] as the very first line
Click Save & close the post processor.