irbcam for rhinocam?

All topics related to RhinoCAM
hahn_rossman

irbcam for rhinocam?

Post by hahn_rossman »

I'm interested in using a six axis robotic arm to do some plasma cutting of tubing. Ordinarily we would do it with a fourth axis, but the tubing is pretty big and awkward. I would rather move the plasma cutter around the tubing. I see that mecsoft is the reseller for irbcam here in the USA. Has anyone used rhinocam 2015 to create robot tool paths? Thanks
Hahn Rossman
irbcam

Re: irbcam for rhinocam?

Post by irbcam »

IRBCAM has a feature called "Roller Mode", see for example this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLlalQKDnkE
If there is a need to align the direction of the cutting tool, then the Roller Mode can be useful (for example to avoid twisting of cables attached to the robot's wrist).
IRBCAM can also generate function calls for the robot controller to turn the plasma cutter on/off, similar to spindle on/off in milling.
A 5-axis toolpath from RhinoCAM must be exported using the post-processor APT CLS IJK and this file can be imported into IRBCAM for 3D simulation of the robot, the plasma cutter and a tool trace on the tubing. Just contact [email protected] or [email protected] for additional information.