Rhinocam 2016 Setup Estimated time vs Actual

All topics related to RhinoCAM
MS1450398716

Rhinocam 2016 Setup Estimated time vs Actual

Post by MS1450398716 »

Its taken a while but I have just upgraded from RhinoCam 2.0 to 2016 (STD) am just in the process of installing Rhino 5 64bit, as I was running the 32 bit for my Rhinonest which I have also now upgraded.

1st question: Will my Rhinocam 2.0 post work in Rhinocam2016 or do I need to get some changes made?

I have a Anderson selexxmate 3 axis router running with a Fanuc OI MB controller. The post is attached, this was setup by mecsoft support in about 2009.

Looking foward to setting it up over the christmas break, the main reason I have upgraded is the filters within the knowedge base that will save time when setting up semi custom parts.

I have attached the 2.0 post

EDIT: Got everything up and running pretty easily, using the 2.0 post with 2016 works fine!

Next issue: I have created a Job with drilling, profiling etc and has gone prety easily, the issue I have now is the estimated machine time is way too long, the V2.0 was getting acurate to +/-30 secs over a 20min job which was awesome, the current one seems to be maybe 3 hrs too long. ie estimated time: 3hrs 21mins, actual: 17mins, Acually this was created from the imported V2.0 file, not from new.

EDIT: Ok this is starting to look like a blog, anyone have any comments out there? I will update my progress anyway as I am sure others will have this issue, I have created a new MOP within V2016 and the time looks correct so there must be something effecting the 2.0 MOP, hopefully I can find it as I don't want to have to redo all the programs already set up in 2.0.

EDIT: Yes setting the transfer speed was the answer, well its pretty close anyway.

I have setup the attached drawing with 2 MOPs the old one (imported as a KB and using selection tools) and a new one created inside this drawing with Rhinocam 2016, the GOtos in the first are 199 and the second 67 (for the first operations) what is causing this?
Attachments
889 sheet 4.3dm
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 853 times
Last edited by MS1450398716 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MecSoft Support

Re: Rhinocam 2016 Setup Estimated time vs Actual

Post by MecSoft Support »

Yes, you can copy your post process to the Post folder in RhinoCAM 2016. The posts folder can be located at C:\ProgramData\MecSoft Corporation\RhinoCAM 2016 for Rhino 5.0\Posts\MILL
Check the feeds & speeds under the feeds/speeds tab in each of the mops you have programmed. Make sure the transfer feed is set correctly. If you are still having an issue with the machining time please upload or send us the file to [email protected] so we could take a look at it.