Rhinocam 2014 compatibility with Biesse

All topics related to RhinoCAM
Avramidis3D

Rhinocam 2014 compatibility with Biesse

Post by Avramidis3D »

Hey guys,

we are Rhino/RhinoCAM users in woodworking industry, working for 8 years with Osai controllers (G-Code).

my partner is searching for a new 3, 4-axis CNC for woodworking, and among others there's one machine with pros and cons and I'm helping out to narrow down his decision.

The model we are interested in is Biesse Rover K. It comes with its own CAD/CAM (BSolid, full version included). Their software works well even for a big amount of data (STL file from 3D scanning, 1.000.000 polygons) with some limitations, and that would be a drawback to our working habits and time spent on preparation of every model. So, we definitely want to stick with Rhino/RhinoCAM.

It seems that the controller is BH-660 and does NOT work with G-Code. I can provide you more details if necessary.

The critical question is if there's any post processor compatible with Rhinocam and BH-660 controller (or similar) or can be one made within the Post Processor Generator.
Both yes or no answers will clarify things alot! :)

Thanks in advance
- Dimitris
MecSoft Support

Re: Rhinocam 2014 compatibility with Biesse

Post by MecSoft Support »

Dimitris,
Most Biesse machines require a proprietary CIX format that is not in standard G & M code formats. Only the Rover J series machines that uses NC Studio controller reads G & M codes. Our CAM software only supports and outputs standard G & M code formats. If the Biesse machine that you are considering uses a NC Studio control, we can write a post to output in G & M code format.
Please send an email to [email protected] with the following information
1. G & M code specifications from the controller manual
2. Information on canned cycles for drilling, tapping, boring operations, (G81 - G89)
3. Arc output formats for Circular interpolations (G02/G03)
4.A sample G code output that works with this machine controller.