Setting Containment Regions for 4th Axis "R-Level Roughing"

All topics related to RhinoCAM
MetalsMike

Setting Containment Regions for 4th Axis "R-Level Roughing"

Post by MetalsMike »

Hi, I just upgraded to Rhinocam 2015 from Rhinocam 2.0. I used to be able to do a 4th axis roughing with curve circles drawn on either side of the model where I wanted the bit to stop, but now when i try to do the same thing in rhinocam 2015 i'm told "Invalid arguments encountered. Please check settings and report problem." I've tried setting up containment zone curves in many different ways, and I just am not getting it. What am I missing? Or how can i set limits so that the cut path does not cut all the way to the edges of the model where it's being held onto the 4th axis?
MecSoft Support

Re: Setting Containment Regions for 4th Axis "R-Level Roughi

Post by MecSoft Support »

The 4 axis Parallel finishing with step down levels was called 4 axis roughing in version 2.0 of RhinoCAM.
To be able to program this in the 2015 version of RhinoCAM, select 4 axis and parallel finishing, select curves as containment regions, specify the step down parameters under the step down control tab. Hope this helps.
Attachments
4axParallelRough_inLevels.3dm
(275.88 KiB) Downloaded 1092 times
4Ax_ParallelFinishinLevels.PNG
4Ax_ParallelFinishinLevels.PNG (187.23 KiB) Viewed 10068 times
MetalsMike

Post by MetalsMike »

Thank you, this helps a lot! Also, is there a way to set containment zones for the R-Level Roughing paths?
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

This would work on certain class of parts. Using the parallel finishing in levels would work on most cases.