Dynasets?

All topics related to RhinoCAM
nscott

Dynasets?

Post by nscott »

I just started getting this message when using Rhino. The McNeel guys say this is related to a plug-in and the only active plug-in that I have is RhinoCam. When I disabled RhinoCam the messaged stopped. I wasn't actually using it at the time anyway! I was modeling and Rhino would freeze for about a minute and the message would appear. It just started even though RhinoCam has been on the computer for months.
Any ideas?
Nick
Attachments
dynasets.JPG
dynasets.JPG (19.61 KiB) Viewed 10893 times
MecSoft Support

Re: Dynasets?

Post by MecSoft Support »

This is related to the dongle driver from Safenet. If you remove the dongle or if the computer goes to sleep this could happen in certain versions of RhinoCAM. What version are you running?
nscott

Post by nscott »

Hi,
Sorry about the late reply. Found out that our license server had gone down. All is well now.
Nick

Post by 1384986994 »

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the original poster. We have a 5 seat dongle that uses a network license. I have tried updating all sentinel drivers and turning off sleep and hibernation on all machines. The network connections seems stable. I cant seem to find a rhyme or reason as to why this happens so often. Running Version 4.0.0.34

-Brandon
Last edited by 1384986994 on Thu May 14, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi Brandon,
The problem occurs when SafeNet tries to locate the dongle and the driver returns an error. Typically this happens when a system is hibernating. If you have turned hibernation off, you might want to update to the latest SafeNet drivers to fix this problem.

Post by 1384986994 »

Solved my issue. The problem was with our TP-Link wireless usb adapter model# TE7T4U. I switched to an old MediaLink usb adapter and the problem disappeared completely. Not sure why it was causing a problem because I set all the power setting to stay awake and to not hibernate or shut off the usb.