V-Carving not cutting 3d corners

All topics related to RhinoCAM

V-Carving not cutting 3d corners

Post by 1394659380 »

Hi,
I've just started using the v-carving function on the software and I've run into an issue that I can't seem to resolve. When I v-cut text, the v-cutter rises at the corners of the text to make the corner square. However, when I just draw a random shape or rectangle with square corners and run the v-cut function, the program no longer raises the bit at the corners but simply cuts around the corner like a simple pocketing operation. I'm assuming that I've overlooked something like tolerances or something, but so far I haven't been able to find anything that makes it work. I couldn't find any topics here pertaining to this particular issue, so if someone has been able to resolve this please share! Thanks in advance

Re: V-Carving not cutting 3d corners

Post by 1394659380 »

I'd like to add to my question with a bit more information. Like I had mentioned previously, V-carving text seemed to work fine it was only geometry that I had drawn that wouldn't work. So on a whim, I made a rectangle and offset it by about 3/16" and the v-carve worked fine. After some experimentation I noticed that as long as the lines were within approximately 11/16" the v-carve would work, it was only after the space between the rectangles was larger than that, that the v-carve would stop raising the cutter and cutting up the corners and would instead just cut around them. So perhaps this is an algorithm limitation? Whatever the case, I guess I just need to know if there is a work around or maybe there is something that I haven't noticed?
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Please send a file to [email protected] so that we can see what is going on. Thanks.

Post by 1394659380 »

Ok, just to follow up...the problem was fixed by installing the latest version of the software. Easy fix, everything works perfectly. Thanks