Stock from Selection - help?

All topics related to RhinoCAM
Mitch Heynick

Stock from Selection - help?

Post by Mitch Heynick »

Hi all,

In the attached, I cannot get stock from selection to work on any of the objects except the sphere and the ellipsoid. All others fail, I did get the torus to work once after a restart, but only once...

Is there something I am doing wrong?

I am using the polygonal model simulation.

I have the latest service pack of RhinoCAM for V4 installed - at least I think I do - 1,0,1,3; on Rhino V4 SP2.

Thanks, --Mitch
Attachments
StockSelection.zip
(46.79 KiB) Downloaded 779 times
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi Mitch,
Stock from selection needs a water tight model. This could be one source of the problem. You might want to create a polygon model in Rhino and make sure you get a water tight model and select the mesh and see if this fixes the problem.

We will look at your file and get back to you.
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

Hi,

OK, thanks. The models are all 100%watertight as far as Rhino is concerned... The file tolerances are .001mm, and if I mesh them in Rhino with pretty much any setting all the meshes are closed as well. --Mitch

Added:

OK, they all work if I mesh the models first and use the meshes for stock...

Maybe a couple of things can be added - a requirement that only meshes are accepted for stock from selection and a message when stock selection fails that either it's not a mesh object, the mesh model was found to be open or something to that effect... --M