Roland MDX-40

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
bits3d

Roland MDX-40

Post by bits3d »

Hi, I'm currently trying to input the code to a roland modela mdx-40 machine. I read the FAQ already and when trying to start cutting I can start the machine but it doesn't do what I want (it runs to the Y211 COORDINATE and does random movements)

I post process the file and it appears in a notepad, then I select to print the file and I have the machine configured as a printer.

Does anybody out there have a Roland machine and be so kind to tell me how they started to cut. I ran the modela software and with that I can cut but I want to work with RhinoCam.

Thanks
MecSoft Support

Roland MDX-40

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi Bits3d,

Here are instructions on how to send the posted toolpath to a Roland machine.

[file=Post Processing to a Roland CNC.pdf]
Biznismang

Re: Roland MDX-40

Post by Biznismang »

I know this post is very old but is there a way to get this pdf again?

I do appreciate it
MecSoft Support

Re: Roland MDX-40

Post by MecSoft Support »

While we try to locate this document, you can use DropOut.exe to transfer the output from VisualCADCAM to Roland CNC. This can be located under C:\Program Files\MecSoft Corporation\VisualCADCAM 2020\Plug-ins\VisualCAM 2020. You would have to setup the Roland CNC as a printer using File-Print Setup from the DropOut utility before sending the code to the machine.
From the Set Post Processor options dialog in VisualCADCAM, set Program to send the posted file to to: C:\Program Files\MecSoft Corporation\VisualCADCAM 2020\Plug-ins\VisualCAM 2020\DropOut.exe