Regions Update and Request

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
bludin

Regions Update and Request

Post by bludin »

Hi All,

I've found a trick working with regions. After installing SP1 in VM5, the regions seem much more stable. Also, when importing regions (mrg files), they always load on the Default Layer. But if you go into the Geometry Tab and select all curves (clicking and using the CTRL key) then if you right click while mousing over the selected curves you can open a Properties window. There, you can select the layer you want the Regions to be on (assuming you have already created a Regions Layer). Select the Regions Layer and all regions then move to the Regions layer and change from default Red, to Blue as I have selected Blue under Layer Manager.

Mecsoft, could you add a default feature when any file opens, that VM automaticlly sets up two layers under Layer Manager - one called default (as it does now) and another called "Regions" and set its colour to blue. I find I have to constantly go in and create the Region layer on every single file. For those who don't use regions, it wouldn't cause any inconvenience but for those who do, it would save a LOT of repeated mouse clicks.

Cheers, Peter