Metacut

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
DareBee

Metacut

Post by DareBee »

This Metacut software that is installed with VM5. Is it just a sales demo or are we supposed to have access to the full version?
If we are how am I to activate or register it?
MecSoft Support

Metacut

Post by MecSoft Support »

The MetaCut software that you get with VisualMill 5.0 allows you to run the MCU Light product for free. Additionally you will get a 30 license for the other MCU products. Once this license expires you will have to contact Northwood Designs for purchasing these products. However you can still continue using MCU light as long as your VisualMill 5.0 license is valid.
MCU_bill

Metacut

Post by MCU_bill »

DareBee,

The response from the Mecsoft people is correct, but I wanted to add a few comments...

MCU Light will continue to run, but it must be started from within VisualMill. If you wish to run MCU Light or the full version of MCU as a stand-alone application, or on another computer, you will need to purchase it. (Light: $99, Level 1:$600) Light has most of the features of Level 1, with the notable exceptions of Solid verification, Edit revision control, and graphical compare. You can find a complete description of the differences at the MetaCut website here: http://www.metacut.com/Products/MCUFeatureList.htm

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me an email.
TimG

Metacut

Post by TimG »

When I contacted Northwood to see if there was any upgrade to level one from the OEM light version, I was told the upgrade was $501. That is the difference in price between the level one version and the light. They also suggested I contact my local dealer as they may want to offer a more aggressive price.

Tim
[Denver CO]
DareBee

Metacut

Post by DareBee »

Thanks Guys