MOPS: Deleting them and adding/saving them individually usi

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
Shane Williamson

Post by Shane Williamson »

What is the logic for removeing a MOP in RhinoCam? Deletion doesn't seem to be an option so I have been cutting them out and not pasting them back. This works fine but although its just a hunch, I get the feeling that cutting and pasting MOPS and trimming geometry in Rhino seem to be a recipe for crashing.

Following up on that...when there are multiple MOPS is it possible to select a single MOP and save it as a KBase file or must you delete all of the other MOPS first?

Thanks

Shane
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

I think not being able to delete, copy, or drag MOps around or do anything else to them without using the right click menu is a bug - or maybe just something that's not hooked up yet. VM5 does work correctly this way. I already reported this to "headquarters"... Let's hope it gets fixed soon. --Mitch
Mitch Heynick

Post by Mitch Heynick »

Oh, by the way, on your last idea of saving out individual ops in the K-base... I have a really off-the-wall idea... Guess this should go in the enhancements section..

How about if, like there is currently a tool library, there was a user-definable Ops library. In it, you could save an individual operation's parameters, tools, etc. - like a Kbase file now - give the op an name, and perhaps classify it in one of the user-definable sections. All this info could easily be contained in a .csv file or something similar. So, instead of selecting a machining op, you just pull your most used ops from the library, like you would a tool. You should also be able to edit the library at will and have an overview.

Select a region, call the op from the library, parameters section opens automatically, make any adjustments, generate.

OK,it was just a dumb idea... :-) --Mitch
bludin

Post by bludin »

Not dumb at all. Count me in on that one.

Beat
brian

Post by brian »

Before upgrading to the latest Release of RhinoCam I
was having a lot of crashes after trimming in Rhino.
According to Support, the lastest code base that is the basis of RhinoCam Pro solves the Trimming issues. You can install the "RhinoCam Pro" Full release (not the demo) and it will read your dongle and give you the priveleges for whatever level that you are lisensed.

Since Installing this release, I have not had any crashes after trimmming (now, only running out of memory :-).

Brian