mill turn module

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
wabecomilluser

mill turn module

Post by wabecomilluser »

I see that you are beta testing a Mill turn module for Visualmill. When this is available can this be added to previous versions. I have VM 2015. What price is it likely to be, under $100 or over $200? If you require more people to beta test
. I would be happy to test.

John.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: mill turn module

Post by Administrator »

Hi John,
You will have to be a 2019 version customer for you to be able to beta test the Mill Turn module. Our pricing for this module will probably be around $500 (depending on the configurations of VisualCAM that you have. Please email [email protected] to discuss upgrading and pricing of the MILL-TURN module. Thanks.
wabecomilluser

Post by wabecomilluser »

I now have a greater understanding what industrial Mill-Turn is. This is not for me.
What I am hoping to do is to Turn parts using my Tormach Mill. That is holding the round stock in the spindle with lathe tools mounted on fixtures on the table. Then using G code for the tool paths.
Now that I have Upgraded To VM2019 can I use the Lathe module to create these codes?

Thanks in advance.
John.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Yes, you should be able to use the TURN module to program your Tormach CNC. Turn module supports 2 axis programming (X Z axis). Holding the round stock in the spindle would be your Z axis for turning.