Demo length and restrictions?

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
Mike Henry

Demo length and restrictions?

Post by Mike Henry »

How long does the demo last and are they any restrictions with it compared to the regular version of the product? I'm primarily interested in evaluating VisualCAD/CAM and specifically the Turn application for use with a Tormach Slant Bed lathe.

It looks like I can download posts for Tormach products and that you have several. Which one would you recommend for use with Tormach's PathPilot on the lathe and will I be able to post code with that to see how well it works with one of my projects and my lathe?

Do any of the posts support the use of both the Tormach turret and gang tooling?

Thanks, Mike
Mike Henry

Re: Demo length and restrictions?

Post by Mike Henry »

Can somebody from Mecsoft comment? I need to decide on a CAM product soon but need to be sure it can do what I need and will be fairly easy to use.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

VisualCADCAM demo does not have a time limit. You will able to generate and simulate toolpaths. The demo version will not allow saving of CAM data and post processing of g-code.

For Tormach CNC lathes, you would select Tormach-PathPilot Inch or MM post located under Current Post Processor in TURN module's Machining Browser. The post should be able to handle both turret & gang tools. According to Tormach, If the tool turret is installed, numbers T01 through T08 automatically actuates the turret to select the chosen tool. Numbers greater than T08 are assumed to be gang tools and the program continues after applying the relevant offsets.

Hope this helps.
Mike Henry

Post by Mike Henry »

Thanks very much for the response. It would be nice if the demo allowed posting G-code for a limited number of programs, but its understandable why Mecsoft doesn't allow that and simulation should be good enough for the test projects that I have in mind so I'll give this a shot in the next couple of days.

Mike