Post processer for Pathpilot

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
wabecomilluser

Post processer for Pathpilot

Post by wabecomilluser »

I have just bought a new Tormach Mill with pathpilot controller. and have found the mach3 post unsuitable as it gives a G40.1 code that shows an error in the new controller. I have contacted Mecsoft for a solution and was told that the latest 2015 visualmill had a post . Last year I upgraded to 2014 just before the latest version and I am not happy to have to shell out even more money.

Can the post processer in VM 2014 be altered to fix the problem, if so how, or can the G40.1 command be substituted with a G40 before running code. I am unclear what the G40.1 command is.

I would appreciate any further help on this matter as it will be of interest to other Tormach customers who have VM.
MecSoft Support

Re: Post processer for Pathpilot

Post by MecSoft Support »

You can edit your post processor by selecting the Post button found on the program tab. From the Set Post Processor Options dialog click Edit located next to current post processor.
Select Start/End tab and under program start up code you can change G40.1 to G40.
Click Save to save edits to your post processor.
wabecomilluser

Post by wabecomilluser »

Many thanks Mecsoft. What is the most suitable postprocesser to select in VM 2014 for editing to use for Pathpilot.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Use Mach3-Inch or MM post processor.
wabecomilluser

Post by wabecomilluser »

Many thanks.