Red Tool Mark in Simulation-- Why?

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
khalid

Red Tool Mark in Simulation-- Why?

Post by khalid »

I am using Visual Mill Product Version: 7,0,0,76. I am getting red tool mark during simulation at each start of profiling pass. Why?
Is it the sign of collision detection?
Attachments
Red dot.jpg
Red dot.jpg (176.42 KiB) Viewed 9992 times
khalid

Re: Red Tool Mark in Simulation-- Why?

Post by khalid »

Hi Just machined the part and i am getting gouging problem at small radius of Profile Cut. The simulation shows red indication at walls where tools hit at each retract.... The gouging is prominent at the smaller radius periphery..
I don't know why?
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (485.87 KiB) Viewed 9979 times
khalid

Post by khalid »

Attached is the picture. Prominent gouging marks at the Vertical wall of smaller radius.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (99.94 KiB) Viewed 9977 times
gouging.jpg
gouging.jpg (144.16 KiB) Viewed 9979 times
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi Khalid,
the red marks that show up in the display are a bug in the MachineWorks libraries that we use. We are currently working with them to solve the problem. We actually have a fix and it will show up in the next week or so once we get new libraries from MachineWorks. However the gouge marks that you see on the cut part, we cannot really tell what is going on by looking at the picture. A couple of things you can try here
1) Try using the polygonal model for simulation to see if see any differences
2) Make sure you don't have "Output Arcs as Linear Segments" checked in the Machining Preferences dialog.
You can also upload the posted file and .vcp file (or send them to [email protected]) and we can try to determine what is going on.
khalid

Post by khalid »

Dear Sir,
Thanks for clarification... Actually, I think the problem is not from software side but i think its related to mechanic of my machine ..I have a slight backlash in both Axes (X and Y), although i have compensated in Mach3...
Your software is great and i have generated the toolpath output with Arcs moves. I am attaching the finished product pictures...

In the next part i shall use Lead-in and Lead-out instead of using 3D ramping and will leave some small material on the stock so that finish machining produce good results...

Again thank you for support.
Attachments
6.jpg
6.jpg (33.98 KiB) Viewed 9960 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (37.36 KiB) Viewed 9960 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (36.03 KiB) Viewed 9960 times