install problems with 2012

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
windsor

install problems with 2012

Post by windsor »

I just bought the 2012 upgrade when it was released and cannot install it on my shop computer running windows 7 pro ( 64 bit) with 16 gig of ram, because of some glitch in the installer . Mecsoft support tells me that this is a " machine specific " problem '----So I tried installing it on my home computer and it installs OK but the display does a 3 second blank out , then re-draw on every mouse wheel zoom or any other mouse movement . --This is also a windows 7 pro ( 64 bit ) machine with 8 gb ram . -----Has anybody else had any instalation problems with the 64 bit version ? ---or do I just happen to have the only two computers in the world that 64 bit version of 2012 will not run on ?
MecSoft Support

Re: install problems with 2012

Post by MecSoft Support »

One other customer has reported this slow response rate. We are currently looking into this problem and will let you know once we have a resolution. All our tests indicate that VM 2012 is working normally.

One thing you might check is to make sure your dongle is connected onto your local machine and is not set up in another machine on the network.
windsor

Post by windsor »

If I instal the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine will it work ? ---and if I do instal a 32 bit version as a temporary fix will I have problems installing the 64 bit version later when a useable 64 bit version is released ?
Rick Samsih

Post by Rick Samsih »

Addition information about my slow response rate:

Both the 32bit ver. of 2012 and 64bit ver. of 2012 load on my machines, 32bit (Win XP) and 64bit (Win7 Home Premium) machines, respectively.
Neither are on a network.
When I load a file (2,025 kb) in size it takes over 2 minutes to load and also the same time to save.
To output a post that is very small in toolpathing, it takes over 1 minute.
There is no indication (blue bar) that the computer is busy during the initial loading or posting. Saving shows the blue bar which instantly moves to about 75% then waits 2 minutes before finishing.

These processes had only taken a few seconds in ver.6 with the same file on both machines.

Another major issue is, any file I have run in ver.2012 when brought back to ver.6, looses all the MOPs.

Now there is at least 4 computers in the world with 2012 problems.

Rick Samish
Mark Angus

Post by Mark Angus »

I also have slow posting. windows 7 64 bit.
MecSoft Support

Post by MecSoft Support »

Ok, we have identified the problem. It has to do with enabling Terminal Services in the dongle. This is slowing down the dongle access. We have a fix that we are currently testing and will keep you updated.
Rick Samsih

Post by Rick Samsih »

The problem I was having with the program running slow is now fixed. I have tried it on both my 32bit XP and 64bit Win7 machines and they both work well.

I was sent a link to an updated version of both VisualCad & Visualmill.

Thank you MecSoft,

RS