VisualMill 2012 from V6

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
Rick Samsih

VisualMill 2012 from V6

Post by Rick Samsih »

I have upgraded from VisualMill 6 to VisualMill 2012. The program and files load, save and post so slow it is unusable. I have tried it on an XP box with 4gigs of memory and a Win7 box with 8gigs of memory. Both act the same. I tried going back to V6 but now the dongle will only alow it to run in Demo mode.
Does anyone have any ideas on fixing this.
I've lost a day of work because niether of the programs work.

Thanks for any help.
Rick Samish
windsor

Re: VisualMill 2012 from V6

Post by windsor »

Hi Rick : If you still have the registration email ( or can find it ) that you got when you liscenced the dongle on VM 6 , you can cut and paste the code 0 , and code 1 numbers into the liscence dialogue for VM 6 and the dongle will work . ---When Mecsoft finally has a useable version of 2012 that you trust then you can re- enter the codes that they sent you with 2012 and then 2012 will work with the dongle , but 6 wont . You have to change the codes for the dongle when you switch between versions ---When I went from VM 5 - VM6 I saved the registration emails in a folder that was easy to find , so that I could switch back and forth between 5 and 6 while I got proficient in 6 , and while Mecsoft built the service releases that eventually made VM 6 stable enough for me to trust it .
Rick Samsih

Re: VisualMill 2012 from V6

Post by Rick Samsih »

Thanks Windsor,
I thought I had saved those codes but after searching through 4 hard drives I can't seem to find them.
I also try and keep those things in one folder but seems I messed up this time and jumped too quick into V2012.
Looks like a call to Mecsoft is in order.